A Message From Yosef Shidler Head of CoolJew: Dear readers, its obvious and apparent to me, that we are nearing a stage of moshiach like none other. The world is changing faster then ever before and to quote today’s Washington post: “Not since the 1960s — and perhaps going back even further — has there been a time when so many Arab states and factions were engaged in so many wars, in quite such confusing configurations, said Frederic Wehrey of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. “It’s so dangerous,” he said.”
1. At my shabbas table this week one of my guests is a gentelman involved with a frum Brooklyn Real Estate firm. He told me about a mikbul who’s name is not well known yet apparently has has had a very very solid track record leading this company into only positive deals. He has guided this frum firm for years, and recently told them that the should not invest in any deal with dealings over a few months and for sure not over a year.
2. I confirmed from the Lubavitcher Rebbe’s personal secretary the following: Once, when the Alter Rebbe was the ba’al koreh, he read a verse slightly incorrectly. Instead of reading 1775 he read 5775. He did so several times and was corrected each time. This was in Parshas Pekudei 38:28, which mentions the sum of 1775 talents collected. ואת האלף ושבע המאות וחמשה ושבעים Instead of reading the “hei” of “ha-elef” (the thousand) with a “patach”, he read it with a “tzeirei” (which turns the letter “hei” into 5). When the 4th time occurred, he walked away and someone else finished the reading. When subsequently asked by the Mitteler Rebbe as to why and what had happened, he responded that at the time he saw a vision that Moshiach would come in 5775. He couldn’t read it any other way. This seems to have been reported by the Mitteler Rebbe even in his Sefer Imrei Bina (some say it was edited and then reinserted). Rabbi Leibel Groner quite a few years ago asked the Rebbe about it and whether he could confirm the story. He did. He then asked if he could publicize it and the Rebbe said yes. Yet Rabbi Groner never has, until now. His reason for not doing so at the time was because the Rebbe was then coming out with the call of We Want Mashiach Now and that at any moment Mashiach could come.
3. I have written here previously about the Blood Moons that will occur this year on the first night of Pesach. It wont take a Jewish history genius to realize the eerie connection to this and major event in Jewish history. http://www.thecooljew.com/2014/07/blood-red-moons/
4. When I was a 14 years old and still a student of Hillel Acedmy of Denver, with my Rebbe then Reb Chaim Perkowiski, I went with my school on a trip to New York to meet with different Gedolim. B”H taking video has always been in my blood and even then I had a pretty nice camera to record everything on that trip. We were honored to meet then R’ Elya Svei Zt”l - In the course of our meeting he said something historic: since you need really loud speakers here is a transciprt of what was said: R’ Elchonon Wasserman said…You heard of R’ Elchonon Wasserman?…You heard of R’ Elchonon Wasserman?…(nods) So R’ Elchonon Wasserman said that the second World War…The second World War started in 1939 – the second World War started…(unintelligible) the second World War. So R’ Elchonon said that then started…עקבתא דמשיחא started. This time is called עקבתא דמשיחא – time…preparation for the time of the Mashiah. Then, he said it has to take 70 years. עקבתא דמשיחא has to take 70 years. Preparation for him has to be done…for 70 years. So, 70 years is pretty soon, you know. 1939 plus 70 – it comes out that that’s 2009 – that’s 70 years. When another 70 years are finished, that’s 2009. 2009 – that’s not such a long time. We have to get ready now. Not too much…not too much are left. So, we should know from R’ Elchonon Wasserman, one of our gedolim. He said that 70 years – that’s when Mashiah is going to come. Mashiah…Mashiah needs preparation…Mashiah needs preparation…
While it was said to me by R’ Elya Svei Zt”l to be 70 years since the start of the war, it can easily be applied to the end of the war, which ended in 5705. 26 Iyar, 5775 will mark 70 years since WWII ended. It can be found here on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FbbQdxKxAM Start at minute 36:20 and play until 44:37.- I had heard from rumor thatRabbi Elya Svei mention this point in a different occasion about seven years ago. He explained as follows:The Vilna Gaon writes that there are 70 words in לדוד מזמור למנצח, which talk about the Yidden davening to Hashem to help them at a time of despair, corresponds to the “70 years of chevlai mashiach.” These seventy years will immediately take place after a big change in Klal Yisroel.
5. I cant confirm or deny the rumor that is ciulating the web that Reb Chaim Kanievsky claims he meet Moshiach! I will say this much – It would take a real low life to make this up and spread it in his name if it were not true! http://www.thecooljew.com/2015/03/reb-chaim-i-meet-moshiach-and-he-is-coming-soon/
6. The Riminov Rebbe (for those unfamiliar he steems from a branch of chassdius stemming from Elimelech of Lizhensk) He has come out recently in the past week warning people to take every measure to come to Israel if possible: “Also the US will be a place of danger in the war and it is still too early to say which states within the United States will survive, but many parts will be destroyed and poisoned, even civil war will break out in the United States and states will cut themselves off from the federal government. The US may not be used as a refuge but there will remain here survivors. Eretz Israel will be the safest place to survive the war, although there will also be terrible difficulties there. “ The Full Article can be seen here : http://jpupdates.com/2015/03/26/rabbi-warns-of-civil-war-in-the-u-s-urges-jews-to-move-to-israel/
As Reb Lazer Brody is writing: This is Shmitta Year (Sabbatical Year) and the Geula – the full redemption of our people – is unfolding right in front of us. Once again, we stand alone with no friends as the White House can no longer hide its hatred for Israel. As long as we stay strong and defy all tyrants, Hashem will render them powerless. At the time of this writing, Yemen has fallen to Iranian-Shiite-backed forces. Obama hasn’t lifted a finger, just as he allowed American martyrs to die in Benghazi. The USA and Europe are buckling under Iranian and Islamic pressure. Do you know what that means? Israel and the Jewish People are the only true spokesmen for the free world. Let’s be happy in our preparations for Shabbat HaGadol and Passover, our freedom holiday. Let us forever praise Hashem and stand courageously alone. All we need is emuna. WHAT ARE WE DOING TODAY TO GET READY FOR MOSHIACH….. we will IYH continue to keep you posted of any interesting updates.